This report provides selected highlights of some these investments, activities, and impacts. These investments, and many others like them, represent an effort to target critical intervention points and core policy solutions that can yield long-needed systemic change required to help boys and young men of color succeed.
- Research and data analysis must be used to support innovation, test new strategies, and build on best practices and lessons learned that will lead to better outcomes for boys and men of color. Tweet
- Unnecessary suspensions must be eliminated, and students must be given the academic and social-emotional supports they need in and outside of school. Tweet
- Local, state, and national investments are needed to transform the juvenile and criminal justices systems and to encourage practices that heal rather than punish children for adolescent mistakes. Tweet
- The places and communities where young people live significantly impact the approaches and solutions for change; community-based efforts and place-based initiatives are critical to fostering solutions. Tweet
- A coordinated and unified movement of advocates, researchers, government officials, and activists is essential. Tweet